Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Ranger Cookies!!

I've been making this good ole' Betty Crocker recipe for years! The reason I love this recipe is because it has so many good and nutritious stuff in it, like Wheaties, coconut, and oatmeal. I always add chocolate chips, which is not in the original recipe. This is for a double batch.

1 cup shortening (can also use butter, which makes a richer cookie. I personally like the shortening)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar (I always reduce the sugar by half for my tastes)
2 eggs
3 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups quick-cooking oats
2 cups fortified whole wheat flakes (I've even used Bran flakes and it's good. Could use Wheaties, or Total)
1 cup shredded coconut
1 to 2 cups chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375°. Mix thoroughly shortening, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Stir in remaining ingredients.

Drop by rounded spoonful two inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. (but I always coat my pans with Pam anyway) Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until set, but not hard. Cool about 3 minutes or baking sheet.

No comments: