Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cornbread Casserole

Each year, one of my friends at work hosts "The Beast of a Feast" dinner on the Friday night before Thanksgiving. We each bring a part of the meal and have a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. One of the girls brings this delicious casserole. I could eat it as dessert! Looking at the ingredients I'm sure it's origins come from Paula Deen!

1 large can of whole kernel corn, drained
1 large can of cream corn
1 pkg. of Jiffy Cornbread Mix
1 cup of sour cream
1 stick of butter, melted (Miss Paula's trademark)
1-1/2 cups of shredded Cheddar Cheese

Stir all ingredients EXCEPT cheese together in a large bowl. Pour into greased 9x13 casserole dish. Bake in a preheated oven (350 degrees) for 45 minutes. Remove and immediately top with cheese. Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve warm.

1 comment:

Lindy Leigh said...

I'll have to modify this and try it! I'll have to use my own cornbread mix because I don't want the sugar...but it looks yummy!